Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win7 Star Trek LCARS Style  (Read 28536 times)
gtjgtj
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2013, 02:48:47 pm »

Here's my visual style for Star Trek fans, It looks like an LCARS console.

You can download it here: http://www.gtjlcars.de/LCARSindex/GTJLCARS_7-Style_Download.htm

I wrote an English installation manual here: http://www.gtjlcars.de/LCARSindex/GTJLCARS_Win7Style_Installationmanual.pdf

The added dll-files for it you will find here. I call it "extensions": http://www.gtjlcars.de/LCARSindex/GTJLCARS_Win7-Style_Erweiterungen.htm

Please write what is your opinion about that.

Thank you
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 03:06:46 pm »

Not a huge fan of the original series but looks like you have put a huge amount of work in this and it looks great.
gtjgtj
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 03:08:09 pm »

ooops - sorry - I posted this in the false threat  Tongue  Cry

Can anybody move it to "Visual styles" please?

Thank you very much
gtjgtj
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 03:10:15 pm »

Hello Mr GRIM,

thank you very much for your reply and for your nice words  Smiley
optical10
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 01:38:17 am »

hello and thank you for this visual style, it's very impressive so I made a donation  (I use a different e-mail for my PayPal account).

I'm just having a few issues with my shell32.dll's in system32 or sysWOW64 because I'm getting a white background on the left-hand pane of control panel (see sky drive photo below), can you provide a extension download URL as the one you mention in your instruction PDF guide for white backgrounds isn't working?

Many thanks

http://sdrv.ms/Z4m1LA
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:18:32 pm by optical10 » Logged
gtjgtj
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 04:29:31 pm »

Hi optical10,

thank you for using my LCARS Style.
Sorry, but I couldn't see your Screenshot in this post - but I know what you are meaning.
The left sided area in the control panel can't be a part of the msstyles file. It can only switched into black if you change the correct dll-file in the system32 directory.
This special modified files I've created, too.
But the most of it are working for the 32bit Windows only!
For the 64bit system I couldn't change the dll file because I do not have a 64bit sytem.

You can find this and other modified dll-files here:  http://www.gtjlcars.de/LCARSindex/GTJLCARS_Win7-Style_Erweiterungen.htm
On the upper side of this page you can find a manual for it - but it is in German.
Sorry, but I didn't have time for translating it  Embarrassed

Thank you very much for your donation  Smiley Smiley Smiley

If you have further questions please ask  Wink

optical10
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 02:29:17 pm »

Sorry, but I couldn't see your Screenshot in this post

I've turned the picture insert to a Hyperlink just so you can see the theme with the "Full Glass" app applied, it adds to the theme don't you think?
http://sdrv.ms/Z4m1LA

But the most of it are working for the 32bit Windows only!
For the 64bit system I couldn't change the dll file because I do not have a 64bit sytem.

No problem if you tell me how, where and with what program to use (like resource Hacker of restorator 2007), to insert the Control Panel left pane image, which I believe is image number #632 or #633, I'll insert them myself at my own risk?
As usual for good practice I will create a restore point and also back up my OS using Acronis backup software before applying this newly created shell 32 to go into the sysWOW64 folder which allows me to restore my OS in 15 minutes if anything goes wrong so there's no real risk at all.

This will also allow me to test any other 64-bit editions/extensions for you so you can increase the users who will want to use this file?

Incidentally are you considering and Windows 8 version of this theme, if so I will be a beta tester for you?

PS. Just to show you my commitment to the Star Trek universe here is a screenshot & video of my Windows Mobile 6 mobile phone with a LCARS theme :-)

Thank you very much for your donation  Smiley Smiley Smiley

It's my pleasure to contribute after all your hard work on this theme for over a year. I cant believe how extensive and complete this theme is, including many third party programs menu tabs etc, very impressive!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:53:12 pm by optical10 » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 02:48:25 pm »

I've turned turned the picture insert to a Hyperlink just so you can see the theme with the "Full Glass" app applied, it adds to the theme don't you think?

No problem if you tell me how, where and with what program to use (like resource Hacker of restorator 2007), to insert the Control Panel left pane image, which I believe is image number #632 or #633, I'll insert them myself at my own risk?
As usual for good practice I will create a restore point and also back up my OS using Acronis backup software before applying this newly created shell 32 to go into the sysWOW64 folder which allows me to restore my OS in 15 minutes if anything goes wrong so there's no real risk at all.

This will also allow me to test any other 64-bit editions/extensions for you so you can increase the users who will want to use this file?

Incidentally are you considering and Windows 8 version of this theme, if so I will be a beta tester for you?

PS. Just to show you my commitment to the Star Trek universe here is a screenshot & video of my Windows Mobile 6 mobile phone with a LCARS theme :-)

It's my pleasure to contribute after all your hard work on this theme for over a year. I cant believe how extensive and complete this theme is, including many third party programs menu tabs etc, very impressive!

By the way don't forget that on a 64 bit system 64 bit files are in System32 while 32 bit files are in SysWOW64.

So if you are replacing these bitmaps and you have a 64 bit system do it in a copy of shell32.dll from System32 not SysWOW64.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:37:32 pm by 3am » Logged
gtjgtj
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 03:06:23 pm »

@optical10:  OK, now I've seen your screenshot. Yes it's the left sides area, than my answer is correct. Hey, the transparent background of your control panel looks cool.  Smiley

If you downloaded the Shell32.dll from my homepage (see the link above) you can extract the bitmaps 632 and 633 with restorator.
After this you have to change the bitmaps into 32bit with alpha channel! You also need a tool to change the bitmaps into the right form. For to do this you can use GIMP.

At the moment  I use Windows 7 and after this I think I will use Window 9 or 10  Wink
Whether I ever use Window 8....I don't know - and if, I don't know whether I ever will create an LCARS style for it.

Sorry, this screenshot and videos  I couldn't see again  Huh?

@3am: Thank you very much for your note  Smiley
optical10
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 12:53:23 am »

By the way don't forget that on a 64 bit system 64 bit files are in System32 while 32 bit files are in SysWOW64.

So if you are replacing these bitmaps and you have a 64 bit system do it in a copy of shell32.dll from System32 not SysWOW64.

Great thanks for the reminder :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: