Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 8 Inactive Border Issue!  (Read 21529 times)
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

Theme Designer since 2009

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2012, 05:25:24 am »

-Updated post with more info-

While working on my themes in WSB the inactive windows have color. Unfortunately when I apply them in the personalization windows they are white! Both my compact in aero themes are the same. Just one has a full start menu and smaller taskbar. Both have the same values, .theme/shellstyle files. The compact theme has color in the inactive window while the aero theme does not. It just does not make sense what is going on here..  If you wish to see the theme files, I have attached the theme files here:http://www.mediafire.com/?xh3l65cn1wnmk0n

Video Demo: http://youtu.be/b_YD9mrPdQ4

Here are some images:

Compact- Has Color Incative Window

Aero- Does not have Colored Inactive Window
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:56:01 am by xXiNightXx » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 05:49:23 am »

That enum is just an error in the msstyles. Microsoft somehow have two content alignment enums and difftool picks it up as different when it's not really.

The location of it is Windows & Caption Buttons > Basic > Frames > Window > Maximized
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 05:52:41 am »

That enum is just an error in the msstyles. Microsoft somehow have two content alignment enums and difftool picks it up as different when it's not really.

The location of it is Windows & Caption Buttons > Basic > Frames > Window > Maximized

K, i just updated the post with the diff tool dump. Maybe that will help.

What do you think is cause the vista aero alt theme i Have to have inactive color where as the vista aero regular is white? I even just changed the buttons on the alt and saved it as the regular one and it still stays white.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:57:14 am by xXiNightXx » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 05:58:56 am »

The only thing different are the atlasrects that change each time you save theme in WSB. So the only real difference is the taskbar flyout image.
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 06:06:40 am »

The only thing different are the atlasrects that change each time you save theme in WSB. So the only real difference is the taskbar flyout image.
so what do you think is causing vistaaero-alt.msstyle to have inactive color where as vistaaero.msstyle is white for inactive if nothing else has been changed? I have looked through all the theme files and nothing else is modified other than theme path/wallpaper path.
I uploaded the theme files if you want to check.
http://www.mediafire.com/?j800x5ncfer3qme
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 07:42:35 am »

Show me a screenshot.
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 07:52:36 am »

Show me a screenshot.

Look at the aero window how its white for inactive. Then look at the alternate styles preview. As you can see it has color for the inactive window.
bhast2
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 12:02:09 pm »

IT is because you have your Inactive DWM window top frame transparent.
and Windows 8 by default makes your frame white in the inactive state
I don't know if there is anything that can be done as I think it is hard wired into the system

xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 03:53:00 pm »

IT is because you have your Inactive DWM window top frame transparent.
and Windows 8 by default makes your frame white in the inactive state
I don't know if there is anything that can be done as I think it is hard wired into the system

No, both themes use the same images except for the caption buttons. The alt theme inactive is in color where as the normal theme is white for inactive. Some setting or file has been changed and I can figure out what is causing the issue.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 05:46:09 pm »

Did you change the colorization color here: Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Colors (Globals) ?
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 05:49:24 pm »

Did you change the colorization color here: Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Colors (Globals) ?
No, I even just changed the buttons on the theme that has inactive color and applied it but it turns white.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 09:10:13 pm »

Any differences in the .theme file?
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 09:36:08 pm »

Any differences in the .theme file?
none other than the theme file locations.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 12:07:55 am »

I can't really explain this, but the first time I applied it I got the grey inactive frame, but the second time they both were black with no difference other than the buttons you intended to be different. Perhaps it's DWM just not reloading properly.

Also while messing with it I noticed that the top frame is offset by one pixel, nothing related but it'd look better if you set the content margins to 9, 0, 0, 0 at Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:12:04 am by Panda X » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 02:22:53 am »

I can't really explain this, but the first time I applied it I got the grey inactive frame, but the second time they both were black with no difference other than the buttons you intended to be different. Perhaps it's DWM just not reloading properly. So it's not the fault of you or the msstyles. If you reload it it should be black like the one shown in alternate styles.

Also while messing with it I noticed that the top frame is offset by one pixel, nothing related but it'd look better if you set the content margins to 9, 0, 0, 0 at Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 01:56:47 am »

I just updated the main post. Im still trying to figure out this strange issue. The main post has a video, 2 pictures and the theme files.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 05:35:30 am »

For me your theme, assuming it's the same one you sent earlier, the color of the inactive window is FFDFDFDF which is what COLORIZATIONCOLOR:INT is set to (-2105377). Change to 0 and it should be like it did in 7.
xXiNightXx
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 08:41:20 am »

For me your theme, assuming it's the same one you sent earlier, the color of the inactive window is FFDFDFDF which is what COLORIZATIONCOLOR:INT is set to (-2105377). Change to 0 and it should be like it did in 7.

I set to 0 and the inactive window is still fully white. :/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: