Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A start menu shortcut idea  (Read 7122 times)
supasye
Beginner

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:34:03 pm »

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has had this idea, and i haven't found it anywhere on the internet.

When you open the start menu you get a list of recently used apps on the left column. When you hover the mouse over one of the icons, certain apps when open a jump list on the right.. Sometimes it's recently opened files in that program,,, tasks.. etc..

I like to keep my desktop minimum. And I would like to make the task bar more efficient.
I would like it so that when you click the start menu, the left panel of icons can be, a folder of your choice.. For example, games, creative apps, maintenance.. And when you hover over the icons, the jumplist will show the apps in that folder.. So the creative apps folder will have photoshop, paint, illustrator etc..

I get the feeling (im not sure) that this cannot be done by using windows style builder.. The jumplists are from programs so I suspect its some kind of script in the program... I wonder if anyone has the ability to create a small app that lets you create these icons.. Or if one already exists.

Thanks in advance. I hope I made myself clear.
supasye
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:47:13 pm »

Well I found it.. sorry..

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+folder+launcher+icons&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=dkQ&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&channel=fflb&sclient=psy-ab&q=add+folder+shortcut+to+start+menu+jumplist&oq=add+folder+shortcut+to+start+menu+jumplist&gs_l=serp.3...15962.17307.3.17406.9.9.0.0.0.0.262.1948.2-8.8.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.TW98ABHRnvA&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=8d890ff19d5c43bf&bpcl=35466521&biw=1585&bih=783

That was silly
Mr GRiM
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Master Theme Builder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 08:34:31 am »

Nothing silly about asking a question mate and thanks for the link, that is a pretty neat idea Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: