Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Search Bar background help.  (Read 9153 times)
Bryan
Beginner

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:39:16 pm »

Here's the normal state of the Search Bar, but once i select the search bar to commence a search, it turns black. Any solution to resolve this?

Also what is the hover over *.bmp
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 12:08:37 am »

Unfortunately I don't think such a thing can be fixed because of the control itself and how it works in Windows. If I find a solution I'll post it here.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 12:15:44 am »

In 1.6 xmls it's all the states of Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > Background

in 1.4 xmls it's Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > Background > 1 & 2

Change the images.

I think that hover color is Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ListView > ListItem > Selected
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:21:23 am by 3am » Logged
Bryan
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 12:31:12 am »

In 1.6 xmls it's all the states of Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > Background

in 1.4 xmls it's Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > Background > 1 & 2

Change the images.

I think that hover color is Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ListView > ListItem > Selected

If I go into Address, Breadcrumb, & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > 1 for 1.4,
it brings me to the image want to use for the SearchBox, but in my preview I'm showing how once I want to commence a search, the searchbox for the back of the text turns black, making the text the user would type in, essentially unreadable.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 12:42:14 am »

There isn't any Address, Breadcrumb & Search > Search > SearchBox > Basic > Normal > Active > <1> > <2> in the xmls you are using? The hot state of the box?

Also it can't be transparent.
Bryan
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 12:57:41 am »

I haven't updated my XMLs, I just straight downloaded the install from my email.

This should give you an idea as to what I have done. It's mainly that solid black box that I'm concerned about.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 02:54:48 pm »

I'll try to be more clear. You have 4 images. From top to bottom are the search box backgrounds in default, hover, disabled and focused states. All of them can be transparent except for the focused or bottom image. That has to be solid or it will go black when focused ( or selected ). Hope this helps Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: