Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding Textcolor states to Explorer ItemsView/Command Module  (Read 38971 times)
Dave Senior
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Why Windows 10 ? > 7 8 9 ??

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2011, 06:13:49 pm »

Use Res Spy if possible when  testing these edits.
http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1290.0        (64bit only)
Helpful links:
http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1521.0
http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=215.0

I've  tried to keep this    as simple as possible , call it a getting started guide .......

To add  Hover /pressed  textcolors   etc to the Command Module find it's line of id code  in the  Shellstyle Uifile (there's quite a few) ,
eg:  

Code: XML
 Button3d background="dtb(CommandModule, 3, 2)" 

Now add :

foreground="themeable(gtc(commandmodule, 3 , 2, 3803), windowtext)" 

(the "3, 2" part is what we are using in this  example,change it to match the part you are adding to,   4, 3      4, 2   etc....)
Now  using WSB add the textcolor:color property to all the states below :
 Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > SplitButtonLeft   and
 Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > Button

Small example of how the UIFILE  should look after you've edited it:

Do the same at the CPLCommandModule  locations in the uifile and WSB to get the textcolor states to work in the Control Panel command module .

For Explorer Items View ,save  explorerframe.dll  to desktop  ,in  40960 UIFILE ,add :

foreground="themeable(gtc(class, part, state), windowtext" 
     after  the :

Background=themeable(dtb( ItemsView::ListView, 1, 2) argb(0, 0, 0, 0))" 
 code  ..You can do the same for the other states,just have to use trial and error  till you get what you want.

NOTE: Usually you have to point the  class, part, state to a textcolor that already exists in the default .msstyle when editing the 40960  uifile or explorer will crash when you try to use other themes,some places work ok though,I pointed mine to the states here :
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > TreeView > TreeItem > Hot to Hot Selected .

In this screen Itemsview mouseover textcolor can  now be found here in WSB:  Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Search Label > Textcolor:color

For the Subtext see this post:
  http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1041.msg5235#msg5235

Most of  the textcolor states can be realized in Explorer : Header,Groupheader, Itemsview, just takes a bit of patience....

A few  screens of some     I did a while ago.....

« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:06:18 am by davesenior » Logged
NOFX1994
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:34:16 pm »

wow very cool dave. what theme is that? I knew you could not go without tinkering with new stuff lol
PHo3niX
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 03:13:58 pm »

Awesome info, just was I was looking for.
I'm having some trouble making it work though. I backed up and modified the UIFILE in themes\base\shell\normalcolor\shellstyle.dll compiled & saved with reshacker. I verified it looked as in the picture you posted. Added textcolor properties in WSB and save/apply. I also tried with ResSpy as instructed, with the UIFILE.bin extracted with Reshacker inside c:\replace\shellstyle.dll\UIFILE\ with the same result. What am I overlooking ?
Dave Senior
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Why Windows 10 ? > 7 8 9 ??

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 04:38:15 pm »

What's happening?
A: Is explorer crashing when you try to apply the theme?
  if so you've written the code  incorrectly.
  or,
B: You just can't see the results of the edits?
    You must've missed some locations or edited the wrong ones,there are quite a few, not just the ones you see in the picture I posted.

When testing the shellstyle with res spy,after you begin the test you have to restart explorer for the edits to show.

Stick at it,try just doing

Code: xml
background="dtb(CommandModule, 3, 2)"
foreground="themeable(gtc(commandmodule, 3 , 2, 3803), windowtext)"

parts till you get those  working,easier to find your problem if you do things one at a time till you get the hang of it.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:33:27 pm by davesenior » Logged
PHo3niX
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 10:55:30 am »

Thank you so much Dave, I got it working at last.
After a little logic thinking I realized I didn't messed up modifying the UIFILE code, it wasn´t that difficult. I remembered what you told me about replacing the shellstyle in the Temp folder, and in that moment I realized it had to be done every time you make a change. Somehow I was working with the assumption that VSB used the shellstyle in the skin directory and the one in temp folder was created for backup purposes.
It took me one headburning day, but I've learned a lot in the process, now I can understand the code in the UIFILE and maybe soon enough I´ll be making modifications myself.
Anyway, thank you again, your work in that awesome dark skin and in the UIFILE has been very inspirational.
JoCe-from-France
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 03:53:41 am »

that's so white !!!  Cool
haha!
koumy
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 12:28:23 pm »

hm , Tried under windows 10 but no way to highlight 3d commandbar button when hovering text button :/
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 04:19:47 pm »

Still works in 10 for me:

I added foreground="rgb(255,0,0)" to all 9 instances of:

background="dtb(CommandModule, 3, 2)"
background="dtb(CommandModule, 3, 3)"
background="dtb(CommandModule, 3, 4)"

to change the hover, pressed and keyfocused commandmodule button textcolors to red.
koumy
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 04:48:59 pm »

Thanks once again 3am, with your detailed info I could fix it and now hovering color is working nice .

Regards
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: