Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help, WINDOWTEXT:COLOR property does not change explorer´s font color  (Read 12857 times)
PHo3niX
Beginner

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2011, 04:19:42 pm »

Just installed Windows 7+ VSB + 1.6 XML with Base 1.02 . First thing I try to do is to change this property´s value and with the test button you can see the color changing just fine, but once I save and apply I can see the color changed in every place (that I am aware off) but windows explorer. Any ideas ?¿?

Thanks a lot
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 04:22:40 pm »

WINDOWTEXT:COLOR doesn't change every textcolor. Which ones do you want to change?

Ok. You changed WINDOWTEXT:COLOR and when you tested everything was fine. But when you saved and applied the msstyles the text isn't changed. What textcolor in Explorer? The Proper Tree ( on the left)? Did you change the Proper Tree textcolor in the shellstyle part of Base? If you did, that won't show when you test...you'll see WindowText:Color. But when you save and apply you will see the textcolor you made Proper Tree in the shellstyle part of Base and not WindowText:Color.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:08:00 pm by 3am » Logged
PHo3niX
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 10:00:55 pm »

Thanks a lot my friend, I got to fix the ProperTree part of my problem, It was like you said, I only had to change the color in Shellstyle:ProperTree ; ProperTreeHost and it worked perfectly. It´s the central part of explorer which does´t show appropriate color. I´m using details view and I´ve got black in the names, and other color in dates, size and type. When I test the skin, the black in the names changes into the WINDOWTEXT:COLOR value, but date, size and type stays the same.

Changing the subject, would it be possible to add effects like text shadows or glows to these parts in explorer?, could you, if possible tell me how or point me to some place that explains it?

I really appreciate your help. Thank you
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 11:53:42 pm »

See my map here: http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1448.0

Use Forum Search for stuff on shadows and glows. There's a lot here.
PHo3niX
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 04:42:28 pm »

I think the problem is that with 1.6 XML + Base 1.02 things have changed slightly and the maps I´ve seen aren´t updated to this new combo. The variable I needed was ShellStyle: DocumentsLayout; atom(clientviewhost); Viewhost; TEXTCOLOR. I haven´t seen this in any maps, maybe I´m wrong. Also, in the map which you pointed me to,  the info about modifing the shellstyle for some colors in the Library panel didn´t seem necessary with the new base´s shellstyle, which points to Shellstyle:LibraryPane in VSB, although I didn´t have any success changing the fonts & colors, don´t know why.
I suppose someone will update the maps with the new features eventually.

Thanks
Dave Senior
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Why Windows 10 ? > 7 8 9 ??

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 05:32:17 pm »

The maps are up to date ,they are for the default .msstyles that comes with windows.

The Base .msstyles  would need it's own  set of maps,this may never happen as tracing what everything does is pretty  time consuming  and not many people have given feed back on it .

When working with  "base" an understanding of the shellstyle  UIFILE comes in handy,even without  it's still much easier than editing  the UIFILE  manually.

Ps: Just in case you don't know, in order to see the changes you make in "Base" when testing  with WSB you have to replace the default shellstyle .dll  here:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\Shell\NormalColor

with the shellstyle.dll that comes with Base .msstyles.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:41:02 pm by davesenior » Logged
PHo3niX
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 07:18:23 pm »

Thanks for clearing things up, I thought that Base style was more standart ...
I had a little experience with UIFILE but doesn´t seem too hard, the thing is that I am picking some tricks up from the forum involving modification of UIFILE, opening the shellstyle with RESHacker I can see where it points in VSB, but after changing the referenced values (color, fonts .. ), doesn´t work as it should. I guess I´ll keep investigating, trying.
By the way, is it possible to make items in explorer change font color in hot state ?

Thanks
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 09:23:36 pm »

1) All those maps are perfectly fine for base.msstyles as well as default aero.msstyles EXCEPT for anything dealing with shellstyle.dll or any system file edits. For those I always tell you what you need to additionally edit.
2) base.msstyles just allows you to edit your shellstyle in the msstyles unlike in default aero. So when I talk about something like TopViewPrefix then if you are using aero you have to edit this in the shellstyle. But if you are using base then you can edit it in the shellstyle part of base.
3) You ask if you can change the textcolor of items in a hot state. What do you mean by "items"? It is always best to show a picture of what you want to change so we can see what you are talking about. The term "items" is just too vague to be useful.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:44:53 am by 3am » Logged
PHo3niX
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 01:18:24 pm »

Thank you my friend, now I have things much more clear in my mind.
Sorry for my vague description, english is not my native language, it´s a little complicated with all these specific names.
What I meant was if it´s possible to change the color in mouseover/hot state of explorer´s archive´s nametags and command module fonts. Or even cooler, maybe add textglow ?¿

Sorry if I´m annoying you with so many questions, it´s been a while since the last time I made a skin (with windowblinds) and I´m amazed with all these cool things you can do with VSB now. Cheesy
Dave Senior
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

Why Windows 10 ? > 7 8 9 ??

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 06:28:03 pm »

See this thread for a getting started guide on adding textcolor states to the Command Module and Explorer ItemsView  text.
http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1635.msg8952#msg8952

To give mouseover textcolor to propertree text simply add a textcolor:color property here with WSB:
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > TreeView > TreeItem > Hot    /  pressed......
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:12:40 pm by davesenior » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: