Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing Background Color of the Navigation Pane?  (Read 15368 times)
justin393
Beginner

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:44:11 pm »

Does anyone know how to change the background color of the Navigation Pane (see attached image)?  I'm new to Windows Style Builder, have watched videos and tried a number of different things that have all been unsuccessful so I was hoping someone might be able to direct me to exactly where I need to go to accomplish changing this background color.  Thanks in advance for the help!
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 07:38:01 pm »

Try
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > <2> Fillcolorhint:color
Jerry
justin393
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:51:10 pm »

That works!  Thanks for the help Jerry!  Do you know if there's a way to tweak the font color in that pane as well?  Just realized text is difficult to see once I added a dark background.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 09:41:45 pm »

Main text color is Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > WINDOWTEXT:COLOR

( You can change this by going into the shellstyle UIfile and changing the foreground of ProperTreeHost to any color you like. For example foreground="argb(255, 0, 255, 0)" would make it green.)

The other text colors for various states are at Explorer & Shell > Explorer > TreeView > TreeItem > Hot, Selected, SelectedNotFocus, HotSelected and Disabled.
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 12:53:27 am »

Main text color is Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > WINDOWTEXT:COLOR

( You can change this by going into the shellstyle UIfile and changing the foreground of ProperTreeHost to any color you like. For example foreground="argb(255, 0, 255, 0)" would make it green.)

The other text colors for various states are at Explorer & Shell > Explorer > TreeView > TreeItem > Hot, Selected, SelectedNotFocus, HotSelected and Disabled.
3am is this where to change the text color? I thought I would try
Thanks Jerry
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 01:10:50 am »

That's the place.
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 01:57:11 am »

That's the place.
Thanks learned something new
Jerry
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 02:22:44 am »

Cool.

Hey, just in case you ever want to change or add a font in a UIFILE here's an example of how to do it if you don't know:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: