Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows with no Caption Icon..  (Read 7801 times)
Yushatak
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2010, 05:55:09 am »

I'm creating a theme that's an homage to win3x/9x, and things are going well now that I've conquered SizingMargins.

Anywho, I created a gray square around the top left of the window, ala Win3x menu button. This works great.

However, when a window genuinely has no caption icon (not like Explorer, it has one but it's hidden), the text is pushed to the left and into the gray box.

Ideally I would be able to center the text in the windows - this would avoid all problems, as the bug would only be seen in windows with super long captions and no caption icon, which is an unlikely combination (browsers usually have the long captions).

Alternatively, is there a way I can get around this? A text margin of some kind?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 02:20:21 pm »

I'm creating a theme that's an homage to win3x/9x, and things are going well now that I've conquered SizingMargins.

Anywho, I created a gray square around the top left of the window, ala Win3x menu button. This works great.

However, when a window genuinely has no caption icon (not like Explorer, it has one but it's hidden), the text is pushed to the left and into the gray box.

Ideally I would be able to center the text in the windows - this would avoid all problems, as the bug would only be seen in windows with super long captions and no caption icon, which is an unlikely combination (browsers usually have the long captions).

Alternatively, is there a way I can get around this? A text margin of some kind?

This?:  http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=26.0
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:22:15 pm by 3am » Logged
Yushatak
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 06:59:29 pm »

That will only work in basic - this theme is designed for Aero (to keep the desktop acceleration and features - normal classic doesn't, this is one of the reasons for my theme).

I tried it anyway, and tried applying it to aero anyway, neither worked.

So there's no way to align the text center on Aero. Perhaps there's a way to make the text never start before 24px into the titlebar from the left? I tried changing "ContentMargins" left from 9 to 24 and all it did was make the left bit of my titlebar get smooshed a bit, didn't even move the text.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:01:24 pm by Yushatak » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 07:31:23 pm »

I sent you to that post to let you know it couldn't be done in Aero.
Yushatak
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:52:56 pm »

Well, as I said, that's not the only solution - is it possible to push the text to the right just 24px using a margin of some kind, ala ContentMargin? I tried but it didn't work out, as I mentioned.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: