Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Testing Bug  (Read 16696 times)
Fatezoom
Beginner

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2010, 05:21:16 pm »

after one test, wsb doest want to save, import, or export images.
whats the problem?
Im usng version 1.5
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:27:13 pm »

It is a strange bug that I have, too.  Makes the program a hassle to use.
Unfortunately, it only occurs to some and not others, and Ave doesn't know why it happens.  Sad
rajtheeban
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:13:56 pm »

Welcome here dA's friend,

It's "normal" (all users experience this little problem)
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 05:42:03 pm »

That's nothing.

Recently I was testing stuff and when I hit stop testing the screen went blank and I found myself at a Windows Classic logon screen with zero warning. I logged on and found myself in Classic. I did my usual routine in this case ( getting into aero, saving my msstyles in WSB etc) which usually works...but I found myself in Basic instead. I decided to reboot, open WSB and save....and I was ok.

Usually everything works right. When things do go wrong...just be patient and persistent and keep trying and you'll be ok.
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 10:01:06 pm »

That happened to me before.

But I've found no way to get rid of this test problem, so I actually find the test bug more annoying than anything as I have to jump through hoops just to save the theme, etc.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 12:10:30 pm »

This bug is why I've stopped theming. I can't go 10 minutes without having it. Losing all my work, having to go to %temp% to recover it all, lose all my undos, repeat.

And get this. Sometimes when I save instead of test, it'll say "Error compiling MSStyles File" and then the same shit happens. So not only can't I save it, I have no temp copy. It's infuriating.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:14:27 pm by Panda X » Logged
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 05:52:30 am »

It's quite a critical bug.  But it's probably not worth Ave's time in fixing it (since he has already spent much time and admitted defeat as far as I know).  Plus, the guy has other commitments and this is more of a side, niche project.  It feels awkward siding with him in this situation as this is a paid product that costs more than $5, one would expect a bit more attention and support.  But on the other hand, I'm glad that it was released even without the full support and attention.  Because this is still better than replacing images and hexing things by hand... especially when it works  Tongue

BTW, I didn't have this bug in the first few versions of VSB, so somewhere down the line the dialog implementation or extended options screwed things up... or maybe this problem has been around since the beginning yet we never had trouble until later?  I feel something's not getting cleared out as it doesn't fail immediately.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 10:26:20 am »

It's quite a critical bug.  But it's probably not worth Ave's time in fixing it (since he has already spent much time and admitted defeat as far as I know).  Plus, the guy has other commitments and this is more of a side, niche project.  It feels awkward siding with him in this situation as this is a paid product that costs more than $5, one would expect a bit more attention and support.  But on the other hand, I'm glad that it was released even without the full support and attention.  Because this is still better than replacing images and hexing things by hand... especially when it works  Tongue

BTW, I didn't have this bug in the first few versions of VSB, so somewhere down the line the dialog implementation or extended options screwed things up... or maybe this problem has been around since the beginning yet we never had trouble until later?  I feel something's not getting cleared out as it doesn't fail immediately.

I don't think it was a problem until 1.4 or 1.5.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 02:52:43 pm »

Way too often I'll be testing msstyles I have no intention of saving, I hit Stop Test and WSB leaves me in the test msstyles...sometimes it is even a mix of the test msstyles and my theme msstyles. It is extremely annoying.

Also WSB crashes any time I open a msstyles and click test without making any changes. I go back in & repeat & everything is fine.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:01:05 pm by 3am » Logged
AndreasV
Administrator
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 04:52:21 pm »

The bug got introduced after a couple of Microsoft libraries got updated - it's hard stuff to track into Microsoft libraries to see what exactly is triggering this issue.
Fatezoom
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 05:12:28 am »

its strange, buts its true this happens to some ppl, i dont have it know Huh?
back to theming
Bongo
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 07:17:59 pm »

This just started happening to me to is a pain in A**
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: