Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extracting Resources  (Read 7296 times)
Elmer BeFuddled
Beginner

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2010, 03:24:13 pm »

Can you extract all Resources with Style Builder?

I usually use Restorator, sometimes Reshack, to extract resources but the problem I have is relating (as an example only) lets say, #805.png that I get from Restorator to StartPanelComposited__StartPanelPriv_LogoffExtended.png (IMAGE#881) that I'm getting from Style Builder.

Or is there a magic formula:- "Style Builder image #(881)" 76 = "Restorator image #(805)"??

Should I get a different resource extraction program?

Any help etc. etc.

Elmer
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:29:03 pm »

Can you extract all Resources with Style Builder?

I usually use Restorator, sometimes Reshack, to extract resources but the problem I have is relating (as an example only) lets say, #805.png that I get from Restorator to StartPanelComposited__StartPanelPriv_LogoffExtended.png (IMAGE#881) that I'm getting from Style Builder.

Or is there a magic formula:- "Style Builder image #(881)" 76 = "Restorator image #(805)"??

Should I get a different resource extraction program?

Any help etc. etc.

Elmer

Just use the Export and Import buttons.

WSB changes the image numbers.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 03:40:51 pm »

WSB named images based on what comes first in the compile. Since button is the first class with images, the button is the first image to go through the compile and is named 508 (starting image number offset)

(Or so I assume)

You can extract all the images, you just have to do it manually. Search (Value) for IMAGE#
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 03:53:56 pm »

The simplest way is just go to the correct location, use the Edit button to edit the image, or Export and Import buttons to move the image in and out of WSB.

Since WSB changes the image numbers why bother with them? Learn the locations. Use my maps..that's why I made them.

Watch my Beginner Video to see how to use the buttons: http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1268.0
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:57:53 pm by 3am » Logged
Elmer BeFuddled
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 02:03:05 pm »

Thanks to PandaX and 3am for the answers.

I like the "search for IMAGE#" idea!

And I agree with you 3am, I should learn the "names". Sadly for me I've spent my life working with numbers and they, to me, are easier to remember than names (even my wife has to walk round with a name tag on, lest I forget!!).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: