Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scroll Bar  (Read 7880 times)
Kukag
Beginner

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2010, 02:17:33 am »

Ok All I'm currently using the Flure Windows 7 VS off of Deviant art and love the theme except for one small dislike. The scroll bar looks great but the actual scroller that you click and move to scroll up and down on blends in to much to the bg so where would I go to change that?

Thanks,
Kukag
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 02:47:48 am »

Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Scrollbars & Trackers > Scrollbar > Thumb Buttons & Grippers
Kukag
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 08:07:42 am »

Thanks, do you know which specifically changes the color of the moving bar you use to navigate? I dont want to change the background.

Thanks,
Kukag
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:02:49 am »

You have to color the Thumb Button images. The Grippers are just the marks on them.

Here's a pic of the Vertical Thumb Button in my latest theme:

It is dark red when normal and hovered, bright red when hot and pressed, black when disabled. The background is black to match the tracks it rides.

The best way to understand the structure of the scrollbar ( and anything else ) is to color all the parts, press TEST, see what happened, press STOP TEST, change the colors again, press TEST....until you have the colors and structure the way you want it. The TEST button is your best friend....Use it Smiley
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:28:10 am by 3am » Logged
Kukag
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 03:33:19 pm »

Alright awesome I'll definitely start using the test button more, thanks a bunch!

Oh also, so is this software still being developed/upadted or has he decided to just leave the forum / site open?

Thanks,
Kukag
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 03:37:33 pm »

WSB 1.6 is being worked on. Look at  http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?topic=950.0

btw Hey..I forgot to tell you about the Grippers. They aren't just the marks but are an actual chunk of your Scroll Bar and they are a real pain in the ass to size up correctly. I hate them so I don't use them. I replace them with a transparent png. Saves me trouble I don't need imo Wink
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:12:19 pm by 3am » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: