Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win7 help please.  (Read 8064 times)
Legacy-Code
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« on: April 13, 2010, 03:43:22 pm »

Hey guys 1st post  Cheesy

I seem to be having some problems in creating a new VS/editing an custom VS in Win7 ultimate X86.

I purchased WSB yesterday and started using it today. Previously i was using Restorator and have already extracted the images and edited the start menu and Superbar in CS4. I then opened up WSB and imported the images and saved the theme. Windows update asked me to reboot and i was locked out of the log on screen upon reboot completion, So i booted into system repair and did a system restore and was able to boot back into Win7.

I can no longer import/export any images either into a new VS or custom VS, although drag and drop works fine .Cant seem to save anything either. I did receive an error message saying something like " I have a problem with Msstyles as it may be corrupt".

Any ideas as to my problems please and how to solve them ?

Aero works fine and so does the VS that i am trying to edit.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 05:00:10 pm »

A couple of maybe dumb questions:

1) You already have a bunch of images to import right? Are they 32 bit pngs? Do you know where they go in WSB...are you importing them to the right spots?

2) When you try to save what error message do you get? What happens when you try to resave?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 05:56:50 pm »

Also if you are importing by matching image numbers... I've heard WSB changes image numbers. There are workarounds. Search "image number" in the forum searchbox for discussions.
Legacy-Code
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 06:34:01 pm »

Thanks for a speedy reply. 
I just did another system restore a bit further back and reapplied UniversalThemePatcher and rebooted .I can now import and export files and saved a theme.Still getting the error code below when i continue editing the VS. I have not rebooted yet with my new VS applied yet.

Im importing images into the correct locations ( I hope  Tongue) What does that error code mean please ? Could it be down to corrupt files in the VS.
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 06:38:38 pm »

I get that a lot. I just retest until I get out of it. Never got a definitive answer when I asked what it was.

There are worse error messages. I think I've seen them all.

Like your WMP12 and Zune work Smiley
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:52:05 pm by 3am » Logged
Legacy-Code
Beginner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 07:14:36 pm »

Thanks  Tongue This is a lot different to a WMP12 theme, that's for sure ! But i can really see myself getting into this once i work it all out and read some tutorials.
Reinstalled WSB, deleted some VS's that gave me problems and i think i will just start all over making a VS as some images dont match up in my start menu correctly even though i made it from one image in PS.

Thanks for your help 3am, appreciate it  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: