Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: APPOWS2010  (Read 17015 times)
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2010, 10:50:49 pm »

Hey guys I know I'm not the most active poster but here is something I just released if you want to check it out.

http://neiio.deviantart.com/art/APPOWS2010-157033415
Maybe I can can contribute by trying my best to come up with answers/solutions to the design or technique elements involved.
Thanks Ave for the awesome app btw.  Also this release actually can make use of the Close Button Changer app
that Ave had started messing with. (I'm hoping he's continuing work on it as well). 

Cheers. Smiley
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:19:28 pm »

Absolutely AWESOME!

I've been putting your PEEK under a microscope trying to see how you solved the change to black textcolor when you hover or click an update in Windows Update. I solved the same problem in Task Manager and the Address Bar Drop Down Menus  using Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ListView > Lisitem > Hot, Selected etc. but it didn't work in the Update. This has bothered me for some time ( I always end up black on black whatever color I make ListItem. I can't even find the answer in Peek. Care to share it with me please?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 01:38:11 am by 3am » Logged
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 11:43:52 pm »

Thanks mate, not sure if this is the spot you are referring to. 
Styles/ControlPanelStyle/ContentLink/Hot
or
Styles/ControlPanelStyle/TaskLink/Hot.
Hope this helps.  If not post me a screenshot of exactly what you mean.
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 12:20:01 am »

Sorry mate, it might be a system controlled color.  It is black on peek vs as well isn't it?  That's why I never do completely black themes just for that lack of functionality.
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 01:52:01 am »

Ahh hopefully this is it. Lists. Menus & Tabs/ListView Bordercolor + Fill color

3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 03:38:30 am »

FOUND IT!!  Lists, Menus & Tabs > ListView > ListItem > FillColor:Color.

Thanks for putting me on the right track. Can't believe I missed that for so long.

Thanks for taking the time out from celebrating APPOWS....you're a legend!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:27:15 pm by 3am » Logged
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 11:09:57 am »

Awesome mate!  Cheesy
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 03:40:04 am »

I'm taking you up on your offer to share your techniques.

Lots of people on the forum have been complaining about problems importing images of various states of transparency into WSB. But I look at your APPOWS and almost all of your images have some transparency. What's your secret? How do you create your images and import them into WSB with such ease? And please try to describe it in terms beginners like me can understand if possible. Thanks Smiley
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 12:59:35 am »

So much of my 'technique' is trial and error with a tonne of the "Test" feature. (I swear I've worn the button out)
If you could narrow it down to a specific part I'll try my best to help.
Jamie
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 10:45:51 pm »

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words, with skinning each new OS there's always hurdles and a learning curve which has turned off some of the great skinners it seems.  I just keep trudging along and try to improve as I go, and hopefully some people get some use out of it along the way. Smiley
Regarding the StartMenu size, even though I rarely release opensource visual styles they are always open to people to dissect and use the techniques for implementing into their own work.  I look forward to your release.  Btw what is your dA account?  I likely already know it but can't think of it off hand.
NewYears1978
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 10:32:47 pm »

Wow these are awesome..just when I was getting somewhere with my theme/vs style mod (Mod of Clear Sharp) I see this..and it makes me think I might have to restart...

Kudos
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: