Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shell style  (Read 7828 times)
gazzoid
Beginner

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2009, 02:25:32 pm »

Hello,im new to VSB and tried to change the shell style backgrounds but they stay the same,i can do i with restorator but sometimes end up partial image or broken image,am i doing it wrong??any help would be great
ka-la
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 05:18:56 pm »

Shellstyle has nothing to do with VSB, at least in Vista. Its in shellstyle.dll, but I dont know why on deafult aero theme shellstyle has no images related to them.
sunbeam2000
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 08:20:40 am »

the most shellstyle backgrounds are placed in shellstyle.dll. (organized in the uifile.txt in shellstyle.dll)

but you can use the explorer/commandBar/1 image an the shell/previewpane/1/1 image to overlay shellstyle images.

these parts are made to overlay a shine or shadow image over gradient rendered Panes (so used in vista aero default)

the problem is, that use can't test it by default in VSB, you have to change the shellstyle.dll in User/Appdata/Roaming/Temp/Shell (the location where vsb has it's shellstyle.dll for testing mode)

(Appdata is a invisible folder by default in your user folder - set the view of visible)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: