Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TaskItemButton Flash with Combined Tasks  (Read 9136 times)
Log1x
Beginner

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:24:54 pm »

Hey there.

I'm working on a theme & managed to change my TaskItemButton's & GroupTab/GroupTabFocus to exactly what I want. It's working perfect, except when theres 2 windows Grouped together, and one gets an Alert (like an Instant Message for example) -- it's not flashing. When there's only 1 window, the flashing is working as intended. Does anybody know how to get it to flash the image set in TaskItemButton even with 2 windows grouped? (read my edit please Smiley)

Thanks a lot.

P.S. I'm in Taskbar & System Tray -> TaskBand -> Basic -> TaskBand

EDIT: It appears the flash isn't working in general, but is working on my second taskbar powered by the DisplayFusion program (which just mimics the Windows start bar). Anybody have any idea?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:45:58 pm by Log1x » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:46:46 pm »

The Task Item Button images have to have some transparency or the flash button won't flash
Log1x
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:16:13 pm »

Hmm, okay. How much transparency? Is there an example you have on hand? I'm currently working with:

I tried to add 1% opacity but I guess that was pretty wishful thinking. Tongue

I do notice when things are pinned it's doing the hover and what not differently..I'm assuming that has a lot to do with it. I read in another thread that there's some problem with that. Eh, I don't mind the hover being styled like that if it has too...I'd just like my alerts working as it gets confusing sometimes. ^_^

Thanks for the help! And btw, 3am: insanely good job on all the maps!
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:25:49 pm »

I  don't know offhand the exact amount. Maybe 50%. And I'm not sure if all states have to be translucent. I make them all translucent. But it might not be necessary. Experiment and have somebody keep flashing you Tongue

Oh and thanks for the map comment Smiley
Log1x
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 11:08:39 pm »

Cheesy Thanks a ton!

For informational purposes: only the "Opened" needs to be transparent. I'm using 1% atm & had to disable "Animations in the taskbar" so it didn't change to the application color. Luckily it still exists in Windows 8, it was just renamed as seen here:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: