Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clearscreen Sharp  (Read 8610 times)
Mike1959
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2009, 04:18:46 pm »

Can anyone please advise what the simplest way is to adjust the transparency of the taskbar
and the start menu as seen in the style located below ?

http://k-johnson.deviantart.com/art/Clearscreen-Sharp-for-Windows7-141360821

on a lighter note:
Is 'Vista StyleBuilder'/'Windows7 StyleBuilder' able to run on Windows 7 as of yet or do the styles still have to be created & configured in vista and then
tested on the Windows 7 machine?

many thanks in advance.

Mike.
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 06:59:45 pm »

Hi, I'm the creator of that theme.

There is currently no way of adjusting the transparency there through VSB -- you would have to recreate the graphics to have a more transparent base.  The reason why it is dark is because at the base layer of the graphic, I added about 50% (transparent) black.  This is not controlled by the MSSTYLES, but rather by the graphic used.

On Vista, I created the theme to partially reflect the feel of Vista (dark Taskbar/Start Menu).
I decided to keep the same look for the port because I did not know how people would react to it.
Perhaps people liked my theme because of the dark taskbar?  I just played it safe and did what was expected in a port -- retain much of the graphics and feel.

Anyway, I intend on creating a lighter Start Menu and Superbar to better mimic the default Windows 7 Aero visual style.  When that will happen, I do not know, so in the meantime, if you have VSB, can recreate graphics, and have the time, feel free to mod it to your liking Smiley
Mike1959
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 01:34:57 am »

many thanks guys for the useful feedback..it's very much appreciated.

@K-Johnson...

sorry if it sounded as if I was complaining about your choice of transparency levels on your excellent style...I can assure it wasn't the case.
I just prefer a different level of transparency as is possible in W7 as you said and was just wondering what level of work was involved in achieving it.

thanks again for your reply.

Mike.
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 03:12:23 am »

many thanks guys for the useful feedback..it's very much appreciated.

@K-Johnson...

sorry if it sounded as if I was complaining about your choice of transparency levels on your excellent style...I can assure it wasn't the case.
I just prefer a different level of transparency as is possible in W7 as you said and was just wondering what level of work was involved in achieving it.

thanks again for your reply.

Mike.

Not at all Smiley  I just like explaining my decisions, and felt I should answer here because it is my theme afterall Tongue
Mike1959
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 06:26:41 am »

I was exploring your theme via 'Restorator 2007' to see if I could pinpoint the images in question
so I might tweak the transparency/colour of them...would you be ale to identify them by number as they seem to be listed in the program ?
if not I will continue to scour through the many many images contained in your style..Smiley

many thanks,

Mike.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: