Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to start?  (Read 8787 times)
Kukag
Beginner

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2009, 12:38:27 am »

Hey everyone, so I just purchased VSB yesterday and I would love to start working on my own custom theme, but I'm having trouble figuring out where to start =P

Also when editing an image, do i save it as a .tmp.png file then will it automatically upload itself or do i need to upload it manually?

Anyway so if someone could tell me what files I need to change to change the following...........

1. Pinned Startmenu Screen background ( white area )
2. Mouseover link on the right ( George )
3. Jumplist Arrow
4. Opened Program Highlight
5. Taskbar
6. Expand Notification Area Arrow
7. Shortcut Arrow Box

8. Back And Forward Buttons
9. Organize, System Properties, etc Text Font / Color
10. Opened Folder Highlight
11. Sections Header Font / Color
12. Drive Outline Color
13. Detail Pane Bg Color
14. Organize, System Properties, etc Bg Color
15. Those Icons
16. Min / Max / Close, Buttons / BG's

Thanks a bunch for all your help, its very appreciated!
Kukag

relo
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 04:35:04 am »

hey there!

i know its a bit daunting to tackle this on you own,
so some suggestion (instead of telling you where everything is)

1.have a look around some of the things your looking for you will find in a matter of minutes,
2. if not i suggest you this (http://ukintel.deviantart.com/art/Vista-msstyle-Resource-Finder-61020262) to help you out a little
3. with regards to changing the image, i always export->edit->import, but thats mainly because im used to it that way.

Good Luck. Smiley
Kukag
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 04:55:30 am »

Dang this is terrifying lol, I'd imagine someone would have of written a guide already of where everything was you know. hmm alright well thanks for that info I appreciate it, as far as the deviant art link, I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to use that with VSB =P

But I appreciate it anyways lol

Thanks,
Kukag

Any more help is appreciated!!!!
relo
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 05:28:57 am »

No worries,

To use the deivantArt link simply apply the theme,
and you will see a rainbow (trust me) of colours,
then you open this mssytle (the deviant are one) and flick through it
until you find which/what color you want.

For example; if i wanted to change the colour the taskbar,
apply the msstyle (deviantArt-UK.Intel) and you will see that the taskbar will glow bright pink(im just making up the color but you understand what i mean)
then open the msstyle in VSB and find that bright pink bar, and hey thats your task bar!

i hope you understand that gibberish.
Kukag
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 05:35:59 am »

Ya I get ya =P Well thanks a bunch for that I appreciate it, what I think I'm going to do is go through every single file and change everything to my liking to create a genuinely complete theme =P

Thanks for the link, also if someone would like to post the location of any of those items that will speed up my theme!

Thanks,
Kukag
Kukag
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 03:03:45 pm »

Awesome man, I appreciate it. Just 1 thing I wanted to ask about is why do you suggest I...

"Put your image editor in the APPDATA/VSB/settings.ini folder. "

If your talking about setting it to automatically open when you want to edit something, ya I already have that =P

Now 1 question I REALLY couldn't figure out how to do is change the default save place it keeps putting me in the temp folder? Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
Kukag
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: