Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unresolved explorer bar problem  (Read 12618 times)
VolutedDodgyD
Beginner

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2009, 01:18:05 am »

I still seem to be having trouble with changing the greeny-blue bar in this pic http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/54715aaecc3497dScreenShot006.bmp. i've tried search options in vsb and found the other bars i changed but can't find this one. Please help
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:42:40 am »

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > <1>
VolutedDodgyD
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 01:46:06 am »

thanks for that PandaX but i'm also looking to change the colour of its background as not keen on the greeny-blue colour.

Now resolved. I just replaced it with my colours. Thanks PandaX
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 02:01:49 am by VolutedDodgyD » Logged
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 02:03:28 am »

I think that greenish/blueish part is located within shellstyle.dll, but the gloss is located at "Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > <1>".

You can effectively hide the greenish color by importing a solid/non-transparent image to "Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > <1>".  If I remember correctly, "Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > <1>" is just the shine/gloss that goes over the green bar.
VolutedDodgyD
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 02:06:53 am »

Exactly, i just put my own design over the top of it as shown here http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/454b8343a2e1e16ScreenShot007.bmp

Thanks psygn
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 02:09:26 am by VolutedDodgyD » Logged
VolutedDodgyD
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 04:13:47 am »

Well after finally figuring out how to change the colour of that bar, i now find that after saving and applying the style that it disappears and i'm left with a gray bar as if it's reverted to an old style theme shown here: http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/771257ecdbee908ScreenShot008.bmp. Any suggestions?
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 09:24:39 am »

It is probably due to a corruption in the shellstyle somehow.  I'm guessing you modified it to remove the shadow in the folderband?  It can be as simple as a missing close tag.

If not, then perhaps one of the properties in that part (Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > <1>) has been modified.  Compare it with the original Aero theme in that part and compare the properties.  If they match, then export the "Explorer & Shell > Explorer > CommandModule > <1>" image from your theme and import it into Aero, and test it there.  Try using Aero's original shellstyle also.  If you read my tip I explained how you can use your own shellstyle.dll, but that trick unfortunately is universal (or at least I think) in that every theme (.msstyles) you open in VSB will use that single shellstyle.  So if you used my tip/trick, you will have to revert back to the original shellstyle.dll.

I can't pinpoint on the problem, I can try and help you by deductive reasoning.
Hope trying the above brings something conclusive Smiley
VolutedDodgyD
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 08:25:23 pm »

well after trying your suggestions, i find that the problem still remains even with an aero style. I think the best bet would be to try and locate the area in the shellstyle and modify it from there and making a backup of the original.
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 09:31:46 pm »

well after trying your suggestions, i find that the problem still remains even with an aero style. I think the best bet would be to try and locate the area in the shellstyle and modify it from there and making a backup of the original.
Is the directory tree proper?
VolutedDodgyD
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 10:07:39 pm »

You mean in VSB?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 10:30:59 pm »

You mean in VSB?
No the directory in which the theme is running in.
VolutedDodgyD
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 10:36:15 pm »

I wouldn't know where to start to look so i could check it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: