Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: explorerframe.dll does not apply...  (Read 9953 times)
Vzdorjii
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2010, 07:14:52 pm »

Hey guys, got a problem with my explorerframe.dll. I successfuly changed the back/forward buttons, but when i want to change some other icons, they simply don't change after reboot. I'm talkin about for example the magnyfying glass in the searchbox, the refresh icon,..

What could be the problem ?
Heigar
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 11:38:17 pm »

If I remember correctly the search magnifying glass that I changed was: image 34561
and Image 288 is the one that I changed for the refresh button.

Unless you changed them all and this is happening than I don't know.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:40:44 pm by Heigar » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:52:20 am »

All 32 bit bitmaps?
Vzdorjii
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 08:04:43 am »

Yes i'm sure of the images i edited, and saved in 32bits. Something is strange : i use Restorator to open the dll files. when i want to edit a dll file, i cut and paste the file to mymain user folder, then i replace in /windows/system32. In my user folder i open the file and see my images mmodified, but when i place the dll in system32 folder and re-open it, all my images are set to default...
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 01:16:28 pm »

This has happened to me too. I turned off User Accounts and then I had no problem.
Vzdorjii
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 12:44:32 pm »

I did it. nothing changed. You guys whatdo you use to make your bmp images ? i use Photoshop. Is there something i dunno about saving to bmp in Photoshop ?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 04:02:05 pm »

This has happened to me too. I turned off User Accounts and then I had no problem.

I assume you mean User Account Control because User Accounts can't be turned off. Also turning off UAC wouldn't effect it in the slightest. All UAC does is ask permission to run applications that access/change system files, run programs that change settings, and registry. It doesn't stop bitmaps from rendering.

Also V try clearing out all your system caches.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: