Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TaskBand2 Part 5, warning for users.  (Read 8366 times)
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2009, 06:08:57 am »

Microsoft can't code properly. I've noticed this because even one thing in the MSStyles is change, likely you're going to have bugs. DWM is a huge joke. It looks ok as long as every last property is never changed. And in 7 it's gotten worse. DWM flickers in the programslist of the startmenu. Most of the time it won't render anything. The taskbar as I found out apparently can't use sizing margins appropriately and somehow, for whatever reason, affects contentmargins. Great job MS and following though with that "if it looks ok one very particular way, then we can leave it broken." I can understand why Stardock pretty much overrides everything in WB because it's a fucking joke how screwed up crap is. Enough with the rant, on to the details.

In TaskBand2 Part 5, don't set the sizing margins of the left and right values (first two) to anything higher than 13. Here's a video showing what happens if you do.

Warning: Large width, high file size (50MB)
http://media.longhornfusion.net/wtf.swf
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 07:44:15 am »

Doesn't make me want to port my themes over when you mention how broken it is. Sad
ka-la
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 08:19:56 am »

Microsoft is lazy...
bhast2
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 10:37:24 am »

I have seen this all over the place as I am making my theme
if I set the margin number to high or two low it is like the image that I am trying to use doesn't even exist
mdtauk
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 12:10:28 pm »

They intended MSstyles to be a closed format, if they had designed an open themeing engine, this wouldnt have been allowed to happen.

Its frustrating for us, as we all like to change things, and we expect the OS to handle these custom values.  From Microsofts PoV they coded it to work and not to be pretty.

Thanks for the heads up Panda, I will take that into account when I design my taskbar elements, 13px maximum in sizing from left and right margins...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: