Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress Bars, Changing "Active Bar" Colours  (Read 6106 times)
Elmer BeFuddled
Beginner

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2010, 05:40:47 pm »

I've found and managed to replace the progress bar with my own blue, instead of the default green.
The problem I'm having is with the "live" or "active" one, a.k.a when searching updates. This is the "bog standard live or active" I'm trying to change. Any pointers to a tutorial would be helpful! (I'm thinking like how much a pain the Start button used to be to show transparency).I always end up with a gross colour fringing, this goes for most of the "alternative" colours I've found on the web as well. Makes me think that they may actually not really be png with alpha, but bitmaps with alpha. Or I'm obviously trying to make them wrong!
This is the "bog standard", looks 2 sided to me, not "round".. This is "my bog standard" rounded. I'd like to modify this one to make a rounded "active" progress bar, and to match the colours!!

As a second question. Is it possible to change the HDD progress bars under 'My' Computer without affecting the normal progress bars?

Thanks again.

Elmer
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 06:04:17 pm »

I've found and managed to replace the progress bar with my own blue, instead of the default green.
The problem I'm having is with the "live" or "active" one, a.k.a when searching updates. This is the "bog standard live or active" I'm trying to change. Any pointers to a tutorial would be helpful! (I'm thinking like how much a pain the Start button used to be to show transparency).I always end up with a gross colour fringing, this goes for most of the "alternative" colours I've found on the web as well. Makes me think that they may actually not really be png with alpha, but bitmaps with alpha. Or I'm obviously trying to make them wrong!
This is the "bog standard", looks 2 sided to me, not "round".. This is "my bog standard" rounded. I'd like to modify this one to make a rounded "active" progress bar, and to match the colours!!

As a second question. Is it possible to change the HDD progress bars under 'My' Computer without affecting the normal progress bars?

Thanks again.

Elmer

The first progress bar you mention is Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Progress Bars > Indeterminate > MoveOverlay.

Change the image in an image editor. It is png not bmp.

The HDD ones are Buttons, Boxes & Controls > Progress Bars > Normal > Fill. Do the same.
Elmer BeFuddled
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 09:05:12 pm »

3am to my rescue again! Thanks mate.

I'm still getting the colour fringing issue sadly, in the live or active progress bars.

BTW I mentioned bitmaps, as I remember one resource editor used to extract bitmaps when the image was actually png. Or visa versa. Which one it was... Well I was playing with XP, and that's a few years back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: