Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Login user image (tile)  (Read 10282 times)
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2009, 09:24:17 am »

Is it possible to remove the 'Tile' at login?  If so, how.  I would like an answer outside of VistaStyleBuilder, if that's possible. I know microsoft completely removed the classic login screen Sad

Also, remove the Orb (hour glass) upon boot - logon.

The 'Tile' is above username/password

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:34:08 am by Pychon » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 06:02:46 pm »

Both of those are in authui.dll. Don't edit that file if UAC's on. Make sure you turn it off first.
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 05:38:24 am »

Located the tile, however, the cursor (spinning orb) is not there.  Also, the file seems to be packed and unable to replace it with the usaual replacer (http://www3.telus.net/_/replacer/).
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 05:46:55 am »

Located the tile, however, the cursor (spinning orb) is not there.  Also, the file seems to be packed and unable to replace it with the usaual replacer (http://www3.telus.net/_/replacer/).
The spinning ring is in imageres.dll. To replace it just create a copy. Modify the copy. Rename the one already in use. Drop the new one in there. Logoff/on.
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 07:11:19 am »

What are you using to modify and SAVE the files?  I can edit them with Resource tuner, however, will not save it as it errors out and states it's packed. Replacer will not replace the file... just faults to a generic error.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:13:37 am by Pychon » Logged
Vzdorjii
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 10:46:24 am »

You can use Restorator or Ressource Hacker.
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 06:23:02 pm »

Got it.  Curious what image file (number) is for the cursor at boot.
Pychon
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 07:00:29 am »

I changed all the tile images in authui.dll , however , the tile still displays a 2D version of it, not beveled as it use to. Also set the secpol.msc to Enable the display of last logged on user. That did not work.  Sad to say, I'm not as dedicated to this stuff anymore.

authui.dll modified tiles

secpol enforced  /  authui.dll modified tiles

It would be nice if someone would pick up on it... hopefully someone will and have the same idea that the old classic logon was a bit more professional and original.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: