Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems applying some Vista themes  (Read 7645 times)
josephpatrick
Beginner

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2009, 08:54:12 pm »

http://xxinightxx.deviantart.com/art/Gateway-Theme-130008705

This is an example of a vista style that doesn't work, if i open it up in vista style builder it doesn't look right since the fonts section is completely messed up.

I have tried using uxtheme patcher, uxstyle, vistaglass, vista style master to patch the system but I get error 'the visual style could not be applied' when applying the theme  Is there something I can do using VSB to fix this?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:04:41 pm »

http://xxinightxx.deviantart.com/art/Gateway-Theme-130008705

This is an example of a vista style that doesn't work, if i open it up in vista style builder it doesn't look right since the fonts section is completely messed up.

I have tried using uxtheme patcher, uxstyle, vistaglass, vista style master to patch the system but I get error 'the visual style could not be applied' when applying the theme  Is there something I can do using VSB to fix this?
When the fonts are messed up it's not loaded the MUI. Does the theme come with a en-US or some other locale folder with a MUI in it?
josephpatrick
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 12:17:40 am »

Panda, it looks like your response fixed the issue  Wink

The problem was actually with the MUI file and it was not having the same name as the style. Prior to your response, I had used VSB to change all those fonts manually without luck. I was able to apply the theme finally but it was broken completely.

I extracted a fresh copy and renamed the MUI file and that did the trick, never knew the MUI file was this important.

Thank you for leading me in the right direction.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: