Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures  (Read 8910 times)
RBCC
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2009, 07:51:11 am »

Could someone halp me? How do I put a picture in white area of the start menu? In the black area?  Does it have to be the size in which vsb depicts or the final size you want it to be? The area that Vsb DEPICTS a long thin area, should I fit it in there are the actual area of the screen? John
rfnewell
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 07:11:18 pm »

I tried this and had to size the picture to the size I wanted the menu to be.  If I changed the width or added options to the user pane the picture streched.  Also, the all programs menu turned out pretty ugly because vista clears an area around the program list. I eventually abandoned the idea.
RBCC
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 09:06:41 pm »

Is there anyway of keeping vista from doing this? If I changed the width or added options to the user pane the picture streched.  If I use a stylehack and made the picture "true size" after using paint to fit the style hack would that work??? John
rfnewell
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:25:56 pm »

What I did was this:
 1. Set the options I wanted to the user pane (connect to, printers, run, help and support etc.) These need to remain static.
 2. Used Style Hack to set the width of the program pane.
 3. Used Clip-it to capture the startup menu. Loaded the cliped start menu .png into photoshop and sized my custom picture to it.
 4 In VSB I edited the program panel in photoshop and and 'squished' the picture into the program panel. distorting it horizontally and verticly. Now when the panel resizes according to system parameters the picture will be the right size.

I don't know it you can do this with Paint, you made need Photoshop. (removed - no piracy).

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 12:56:24 am by AndreasV » Logged
iffy525
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 08:20:04 pm »

Just set the sizing margins in a way that doesn't stretch the picture.
RBCC
Dedicated Themer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 10:09:25 am »

How does one do this?
Just set the sizing margins in a way that doesn't stretch the picture. John Wink Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: