Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No images showing???  (Read 11564 times)
pslind69
Beginner

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2010, 09:49:33 pm »

When I load Win7 Style Builder, and go to where the start button is supposed to be (im on Win 7 64 ult), there is only a blank image(they reference image#845). Aren't I supposed to be able to import the default windows 7 theme and then view it in the builder?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 01:52:08 am »

When you start WSB, you click the Open button.

This takes you to "Create a Visual Style" screen where you have 4 options:

Create a new Visual Style using Aero as a base. Click this and aero.msstyles opens.
Open an existing Visual Style. Click this and browse to .msstyles you want to open and click it.
Import an XP or Vista Style. Click this, browse to msstyles you want to import & click it.

So you can open any msstyles including Aero.

You can't change the Start Button with WSB because it isn't in the msstyles in Windows 7. It is in the system file explorer.exe.
pslind69
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:20:25 am »

Ahh ok =)

BTW: I've been trying to hack the space between the taskbar buttons smaller, but it almost seems to be hardcoded. Anyone else tried doing this?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 01:44:33 pm »

Ahh ok =)

BTW: I've been trying to hack the space between the taskbar buttons smaller, but it almost seems to be hardcoded. Anyone else tried doing this?
The taskbar's size is based on the icon and content margins (padding). So it can be as small as 32px with large icons and 16px with small icons.
pslind69
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 06:07:23 pm »

Can you give a hint as to where I might find the values? I have tried editing the taskbar & systemtray > taskband > basic > taskband > backgroundbottom and taskitembutton but there is still some padding to the left sand right of the icon inside the "frame".
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 04:02:40 pm »

As far as I know there is no way to decrease the size of the spacing between taskbar buttons using WSB.

The spacing is there for people who use the Touch option.

But you can bring back the tight Vista Quick Launch spacing in Win 7 using this method:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/888-quick-launch-enable-disable.html  and unpinning all icons and put them in your new Quick Launch.

As far as the buttons..I don't understand your question. Maybe a picture might help? Do you want tiny buttons? Just alter the TaskItemButton images. But if you make them too small then the text on your Uncombined Buttons will run over the Button width ( they seem to inherit this from the Combined images). You can do it but it's a tedious measuring process.

Hope this helps?
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 04:54:11 pm »

I've been misunderstanding this whole time.

I don't think you can change it. Though it looks smaller when I change the size of the button itself. Maybe it's just my eyes.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:04:17 pm by Panda X » Logged
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 05:06:24 pm »

Horizontally.

I tried increasing and decreasing the first two values ( left and right ) in the ContentMargins:Margins of the Task Item Button but the horizontal spacing became more instead of less whether I used positive or negative values Huh?
3am
Beta Tester
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 05:08:31 pm »

I've been misunderstanding this whole time.

I don't think you can change it. Though it looks smaller when I change the size of the button itself. Maybe it's just my eyes.

No..they're smaller..but the width between them is still the same. I want to tighten the horizontal space.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:12:28 pm by 3am » Logged
Panda X
Administrator
Dedicated Helper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 05:38:04 pm »

No..they're smaller..but the width between them is still the same. I want to tighten the horizontal space.
Probably hardcoded like you said.
pslind69
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 11:45:09 pm »

Thx guys, yeah it seems like you also said, that the space can't be altered.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: