Vista Style Builder

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Fonts Problem  (Read 7622 times)
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2008, 03:06:15 am »

I noticed that having fonts smaller than 8pt on anything related to the shellstyle (Favorite Links header, top and bottom shell) the font shrinks and gets distorted. Any idea why?
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 04:42:35 am »

I think I've found the problem.

I noticed that the main title in the bottom shell was the correct size while everything else was different. The title in the bottom shell is linked to the Icon Font in hex.

---------------------------------------------

The title has this attribute in the shellstyle's 1.txt:
fontsize="sysmetric(DSM_ICONFONTSIZE)"
fontweight="sysmetric(DSM_ICONFONTWEIGHT)"
fontstyle="sysmetric(DSM_ICONFONTSTYLE)"
fontface="sysmetricstr(DSMS_ICONFONTFACE)"

I found the Favorite Links header text which is linked to "bodytext" in the hex. The Favorite Links header has this attribute in shellstyle's 1.txt:
font="gtf(TEXTSTYLE, TEXT_BODYTEXT, 0)"

So for the test, I replaced font="gtf(TEXTSTYLE, TEXT_BODYTEXT, 0)"

with this

fontsize="sysmetric(DSM_ICONFONTSIZE)"
fontweight="sysmetric(DSM_ICONFONTWEIGHT)"
fontstyle="sysmetric(DSM_ICONFONTSTYLE)"
fontface="sysmetricstr(DSMS_ICONFONTFACE)"

for the Favorite Links header.

And it worked. The Favorite Links header is now showing the correct font size.

There are alot of instances where the font="gtf(TEXTSTYLE, TEXT_BODYTEXT, 0)" appears. I am currently replacing all of them to see if it fixes the top shell and the rest of the bottom shell.

Again, I've only noticed this on fonts 7px and below so it may not affect you.
K-Johnson
Beta Tester
Dedicated Themer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 04:56:39 am »

Nice find.  :D

Sweatyfish, do you reckon it's possible to relink the Toolbar and Menubar's "HOT" state?  Right now they share the same resources, using the tip I mentioned here:  viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33

Changing the "HOT" state text color to white, for instance, will also turn IE's tranparent toolbar buttons and VSB's buttons [Edit/Export/Import/Add Property/Remove Property] to the same color when you hover over them, so the text practically turns invisible under lighter backgrounds.

I can't believe how that slipped by the MS graphics/UI team, as the other menu's behave more appropriately (light text on dark contrast).
sweatyfish
Beginner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 05:34:49 am »

I think that the menubar is managed by the .msstyle and the hex, which I don't know anthing about.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: